- Go to www.southwestdetroittimebank.org
- On the right side of the page click on “Member Login”
- In the top right box enter your e-mail address as Username and enter your Password. Then click “Log In”
- At the top of the page click on Account
- Click Profile
- Write a short Bio and update any other contact information you’d like to change. You can also upload a profile picture.
- Click Save Changes before moving to the next page
- Your address information is always hidden.
- You can make your e-mail and phone public. Default is private.
- To change these preferences click “Contact” near the top of your Account page.
- IF YOU DON’T CHECK E-MAIL REGULARLY be sure you make your phone number public- and put a note in your bio, on your offers, and on your requests to say that calling is the best way to get ahold of you.
- From any page mouse over “Requests” or “Offers” at the top of the page and select “Explore All Offers” or “Explore All Requests
- You can click on a category to view a specific type of service
- You can also use “Browse Offers Directory” or “Browse Requests Directory” to view all the Services.
Post a Request/Offer
- From any page mouse over “Requests” or “Offers” at the top of the page and select “Add Offers” or “Add Requests”
- Choose a Category for the Service you are requesting or offering (i.e. “Conversation and Counseling: Conversation” Then click “Add to my Requests”
- Then you’ll go to a page where you’ll see all your active requests and offers. For each Service you should write a description (can be as specific or general as you’d like). You can also choose when it will expire, whether it is only visible to our neighborhood TimeBank (“Local”) or other TimeBanks (“Global”). Save all changes before making an offer Global, or it will clear out changes you have made since last saving.
- If making it Global you will also want to set a radius of service (how far someone might be willing travel to fulfill it, or if it can be done over phone or e-mail you can set it for 3000 miles).
- Click “Save All Changes” at the bottom of the page before navigating away.
- Click on “Hours” at the top of any page
- Use the drop down menu to indicate if you Provided or Received the service (usually the person providing the service logs the hours, but you can work it out with whoever you did the exchange with).
- Enter the number of hours exchanged. You can use fractions of an hour
- Pick the date the exchange happened (doesn’t have to be the exact date if you’re unsure, you can also just log a bunch of hours together on a monthly basis).
- “To/from how many members” will usually be 1, unless it was a group activity.
- Start to type the name of the member you exchanged with, their name should appear below on the drop down menu where you can select it.
- If you were volunteering for an organization or event that does not have a TimeBank account you can take your hours directly from the TimeBank. Just type “Unity in our Community TimeBank”
- Click “Record Transaction”
- Both you and the person you exchanged with will get an e-mail “receipt” for the exchange.
Download the Mobile App
- Go to “Google Play” on an Android phone or the iPhone app store on an Apple device.
- Search for “hOurmobile for hOurworld”
- Download the free app
- You will only need your log-in information once.
Be sure you’re getting our e-mails
- Sometimes our e-mails will get stuck in people’s spam filter. You should get a digest e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org every Friday. If you’re not getting it please check to be sure it’s not going to trash.
- If you’d prefer not to get e-mails every week, log into your account, click on “Account” at the top of the page. Then click “Profile” and near the bottom where it says: “Send weekly updates?” change it so it says “No”. Click “Save changes”
Support the TimeBank
- Encourage your friends to join! Especially if you already exchange favors with them, talk to them about how using the TimeBank can benefit them.
- Come to one of our events. Meeting other TimeBankers is fun and can help you to make more exchanges.
- Like our page on Facebook: Unity in Our Community TimeBank
- Join the Kitchen Cabinet. The Kitchen Cabinet is a group of Super TimeBankers who help plan events, conduct new member orientations, and do other work to help the TimeBank run. We meet on a monthly basis, get in touch to learn when and where the next one is.
- Donate. We have a suggested donation of $20 a year for individuals, $30 a year for households, and $150-$500 per year for organizations. No one is required to donate and we do our best to make all of our programs and events open to everybody, regardless of their ability to pay.
Office address: 6900 McGraw/ Detroit MI 48202